The Cowley County MRC is a partnership with Cowley County Emergency Management, the City-Cowley County Health Dept. and the Local Emergency Planning Committee/Citizen Corps Council.
The Cowley County MRC unit is to provide trained, local volunteers organized to improve the health and safety of their communities. MRC Volunteers include medical and public health professionals, as well as other community members without healthcare backgrounds. MRC units engage these volunteers to strengthen public health, improve emergency response capabilities and build community resiliency. MRC Volunteers assist in day to day activities, prepare for and respond to emergencies and/or natural disasters, including those that affect public health.
The Purpose of MRC
- Recruits volunteers (with and without medical experience) into volunteer service
- Train and educate members
- Assist with surge personnel needs
- Participate in non-emergency essential public health services, such as health education and community outreach
- Integrates volunteers and first responders for emergency response
Cowley County Emergency Management Office
321 E. 10th Avenue
Winfield, KS 67156
Become a Volunteer
For more information on the MRC, read the MRC By-Laws.
As a volunteer, you will gain personal satisfaction, a chance to make a difference in your community, an opportunity to network in your community, and knowledge that you are part of a community- wide emergency response effort.
As a volunteer, your community may need your skills when:
- Local resources are stretched by an epidemic or infectious disease that requires mass vaccination or medication dispensing
- Education and preventative measures are needed
- Other emergencies occur, such as severe weather or other natural disasters
- Large numbers of people are sick or injured
Why join today?
In a disaster, everyone wants to help. Lessons learned from 9/11 and severe weather show that many volunteers who show up to help cannot be used. The preregistering and pre-credentialing of volunteers allows the Cowley County MRC to match the skills of the volunteers to the needs of the region. This increases the efficiency of volunteer assignments and reduces the work of processing volunteers during an emergency.
Join the MRC – Download the Application
Download the volunteer application and return it to either of the following locations:
Cowley County Emergency Management
321 E 10th Ave
Winfield, KS 67156
Email to email@example.com