Freedom of Information

Open Records Request


When making a request for open records please submit a written request using either the Open Records Request Form or you can send an email.


Please include the following with your request:


  • Your name
  • Mailing address or email address
  • Specific information being requested


Please include all information that will assist us in fulfilling your request.


A request for information should be addressed to:


Karen Madison

Cowley County Freedom of Information Officer

321 E. 10th Avenue

Winfield KS 67156

620-221-5494 or 620-441-4594


Cowley County has 3 business days to either comply with the request or to notify the person when the material will be available along with any costs associated with the request.


While these laws make openness the rule, there are times when the individual privacy or public interest may override the individual’s right to know.
























Open Records Request Form