2019 Election Information

City/School General Election  — Tuesday, November 5, 2019 — 7 AM to 7 PM

Current Candidate Filings

View Your Current Voter Information including Elected Official districts


Legislator Contact Information:

U.S. Representative # 4:  Ron Estes

U.S. Senate:    Jerry Moran, Pat Roberts   

State Senator # 32:     Larry Alley

State Senator # 14:    Bruce Givens

State House # 12:     Doug Blex

State House # 79:     Cheryl Helmer

State House # 80:     Bill Rhiley


Click here for an Advanced Ballot by Mail.


Political Signs in Unincorporated Areas

Resolution No 2016-01 Signs in Public Right of Way


Arkansas City Mail Ballot Election Official Results (9-6-18)

Official Results


2018 Primary Election Official Results

Canvass Primary Official 2018


Write-in PR2018 Results



2018 Primary Election Candidates

November 7, 2017 City/School General Election

Official Results Canvass General 2017


Guidelines for placement of private signs in the public right of way

Sign Placement Flyer


2018 Kansas Voter Registration Application

Online Voter Registration (Requires a valid Kansas ID)




Commission Districts – Within city limits of Winfield

CommDist1_WD             CommDist3_WD


Commission Districts – Within city limits of Arkansas City

CommDist1_AC            CommDist2_AC              CommDist3_AC


Commission Districts – Townships

CommDist1              CommDist2                CommDist3


Kansas House Districts 12, 79 and 80

House12               House79               House80


Kansas Senate Districts 14 and 32

Senate14             Senate32




 Follow Cowley County Elections on Twitter


Election District Maps

Township Officers and Committee People

Township Officers

Committee People

Democratic and Republican Party Chair

  • Democratic Party Chair is Mike H. Morton  620-221-5520
  • Republican Party Chair is Steve E. Abrams 620-442-7960

Voter ID

Registration Status/New Registrations

Registration cards must be postmarked by the 21st day before an election in order to be eligible to vote in that election.

To register to vote you must be a citizen of the United States and also be at least 18 years of age. Once registered, that registration is valid until one of the following occurs:

  • Voter changes his/her name by marriage, divorce, or legal proceeding
  • Voter changes residence by moving either within his/her present precinct or to another precinct

The books for registration close 21 days prior to each election and reopen the day after election day.


Permanent Voter Registration Outposts

  • Arkansas City Clerk
  • Winfield City Clerk
  • Burden City Clerk
  • Udall City Clerk
  • SRS Office
  • Health Department – Arkansas City
  • Health Department – Winfield
  • Kansas Commission of Veteran Affairs
  • Department of Motor Vehicles

Registration Data Request Form

Advance Voting

Registered voters who wish to vote in advance of election day may apply for an advance ballot by contacting the Cowley County Clerk’s office at 221-5400 option 0 or 441-4500 option 0 for an advance ballot request form, or Advanced Ballot by Mail.

Application for an advanced ballot can be made in person, by mail, telephone, another person may apply on a voter’s behalf as long as the voter signs the advanced ballot form, by allowing someone to assist the voter if the voter is sick, disabled or illiterate, and also by applying to be a permanent advanced voter. An advance ballot will be mailed to the address as specified by the voter:  Either the voter’s residential address or mailing address as indicated on the registration list, the voter’s temporary residential address or a medical care facility, psychiatric hospital, or hospice of adult care home where the voter resides.

The ballot must be voted in secrecy and returned to the Cowley County Clerk’s office by the time the polls close on election day. Advance voting in person may begin 20 days before an election and ends at noon the day before the election. An advance voter may go to the Cowley County Clerk’s office to apply for a ballot and vote in the office.

Party Affiliation

A voter may declare a party affiliation at the time of registration. The party affiliations are: Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or the voter may choose to be unaffiliated. A voter who is unaffiliated may sign a declaration to affiliate at the voting place during a primary election.

Party affiliation changes are suspended during a partisan primary election year from the filing deadline June 1 at noon through the State Canvass which is to be held by September 1 of that year. If the voter is unaffiliated the voter may affiliate at anytime including the day of the primary election.